The Department of Public Works (DPW) provides many essential services to our residents, business community, visitors and shoppers and our institutional community in a timely, environmentally conscious and cost effective manner.
DPW operates the following Bureaus:
SANITATION - SANITATION, RECYCLING, BRUSH SCHEDULES
Input your address below to see your customized pick up calendar for trash, recycling and brush pick up. You may also schedule appointments for special bulk, tv and metal pick up services.
For your convenience, download the FREE White Plains DPW At Your Service APP, for your Android or Iphone today.
- HIGHWAY, FORESTRY, STREET LIGHTING & PARKS MAINTENANCE 422-1202
- Maintains all city-owned roads, including paving and pot hole repairs
- Conducts snow removal on all roads within the City of White Plains
- A certified tree arborist is on staff, to asses, plant, and maintain city-owned trees
- Yard debris pickup is noted on the Sanitation Schedule
- Maintains and operates the Gedney Recycling Yard
- Repairs and replaces burnt out light bulbs, reports mechanical issues to Con Edison and is in charge of holiday lighting
- DPW CODE ENFORCEMENT 422-1208
- Enforces DPW codes for residential and business districts
- Issues violations when necessary
- Issues permits for street and sidewalk obstructions
- WATER and WASTEWATER 422-1220
- Operates the Water Pumping Station at Orchard Street and complies with all Federal and State rules and regulations regarding safe drinking water
- Monitors and maintains storm drains
- Maintains wastewater facilities
- WATER BILLING 422-1207
- Generates water bills for residents and businesses
- Conducts final water meter readings
- ENGINEERING 422-1215
- Reviews all new building plans for compliance to DPW standards, as well as to Federal, State and Local codes
- Oversees Storm Water regulations and local stormwater issues
- ADMINISTRATION 422-1204
- Oversees DPW finances, budgets and personnel records
DPW FLASHES . . .
DPW At Your Service - Report an Issue
You can now report issues on public property such as pot holes, sidewalk defects, flooding, street light issues, dead animals in the road, etc., by one of three ways:
- Use the DPW At Your Service Report an Issue link
- Use the Report an Issue function on your White Plains DPW At Your Service APP, or you may call 422-1202
We appreciate your efforts in helping us keep the city operating smoothly.
Holiday Tree Collection
Holiday trees are picked up at the curb from December 26th, - January 17th. After January 17th, call 422-1201 to schedule a pick up.
Water Quality Report
The City of White Plains Annual Water Quality Report is available for review.
This notice serves to inform you that the City of White Plains Annual Water Quality Report is now available to be viewed in its entirety online (here).
If you would like to have a paper copy of this report mailed to your home, please call the City of White Plains Water Bureau at (914) 422-1220.
Storm Water Annual Report
The City’s Storm Water Management Program Annual Report (SWMPAR) is now available for review and can be accessed from the link above. The City Storm Water Management Program Plan Documents are also available for Public Review at the Department of Public Works Office in City Hall.
Comments and questions on the City Storm Water Management Program may be submitted by calling DPW Engineering at (914) 422-1216 or the office of the City Clerk (914) 422-1227.
Here is a list of helpful phone numbers for DPW.