Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Westchester County Government has created a video for Westchester County’s Spanish-speaking residents about the Coronavirus, or COVID-19, as well as simple things people can do to protect themselves and prevent the spread of illness.
Watch the Video HERE.
The information included in the video is provided by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). The guidelines are as follows:
· Stay at home.
· Practice social distancing.
· Wash hands for approximately 20 seconds using soap and water. If these two items are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
· Clean and sanitize objects and surfaces with bleach.
· Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Put your used tissue in a waste basket. If you don’t have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your upper sleeve, not your hands. Remember to wash your hands after coughing.
· Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth.
· Stay away from people who are sick.
· The elderly and those with chronic illnesses should stay at home and practice social distancing. Do not risk your health by going out.
A vaccine against the Coronavirus does not currently exist. To protect yourself and your family, continue following these guidelines.
For more information in Spanish, log on to the CDC website.